Opera 10.00 (native) & flash

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 11:14:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 14:45:18 +0400
Jeff Laine <wtf.jlaine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon,07-09-2009 [18:44:54], Tom Mende wrote:
> > Running on 7.2-RELEASE, Opera 10.00 build 4585 (native) and would
> > like to view flash enabled websites. Anyone with a howto? Have
> > googled extensively and followed a variety of methods all
> > unsuccessful to date. Like to here from someone who has it running?
>
> I'm using graphics/gnash. It works good enough to watch youtube clips
> at least. Ok for both ffox and opera.

I don't think that readily addresses the OP's question. I personally
have never gotten 'flash', or most other add-ons to work Opera. It is
one of the main reasons that I discourage others from using it. It
suffers even worse on a Windows machine. RoboForm does not work with
the Opera browser. Opera has a closed architecture that does not allow
third party browser extensions.

I would strongly advocate the use of another browser.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Necessity has no law.