how to display pkg-message

Randy Belk randy.belk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 17:44:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Kalle
Møller<freebsd-questions at k-moeller.dk> wrote:
> Looking for that feature to :)
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Could someone remind of the make target for showing messages which are
>> displayed when installing ports please. I thought it was some variant of
>> make showinfo but I can't find one that works. I am assuming that if
>> <port>/files/pkg-message.in exists the this make target would show a
>> result.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Chris
>>

> --
>
> Med Venlig Hilsen
>
> Kalle R. Møller

This is explained in the pkg_info man page.

To Show the install-message file for the installed package
postfix-2.6.3,1 you would enter "pkg_info -D -x postfix | less"

Please read the man page! Also install ports-mgmt/bpkg, it's an awsome utility

--
- Amiga, The Computer for the creative Mind!
- UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a