'alias' + sudo

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 19:28:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:06:28 -0600
Tim Judd <tajudd at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Because sudo calls the binary, via SUID on sudo.  It doesn't pay
> attention to user profiles or rc files (like .bashrc).
>

> I don't use sudo, so I can't recommend past that.

In other words, sudo is not compatible with the bash 'alias' feature.
Is that correct? I Googled and found several references to sudo and
alias; however, no consensus on how to circumvent the problem.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced
that they will now air "America's Most Wanted" TWICE a week.