portupgrade broken, and apr won't build

DA Forsyth d.forsyth at ru.ac.za
Wed Sep 2 08:22:39 UTC 2009

Hiya all

Something weird going on with portypgrade (and maybe ports in
general) here.  Somewhere between last months upgrade and this month,
portupgrade has started to ignore ports that are reported by
portversion as needing upgrading.  The result is I have to force each
one, one at a time.  Big schlep.

For example
> portversion -v | grep samba
samba-3.0.35,1              <  needs updating (port has 3.0.36,1)

> portupgrade -vr samba
--->  Session started at: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:18:47 +0200
** None has been installed or upgraded.
--->  Session ended at: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:18:47 +0200 (consumed
00:00:00)

The other thing is that devel/apr will not build.  The make stops
with this
 checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
 checking for library containing strerror... none required
 checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
 performing libtool configuration...
 ./configure: 9753: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
 *** Error code 2

 Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.

I cvsup every Monday morning.  I tried the upgrades last week but got
these failures and decided to wait a week and see if there are fixes.
Apparently not.  I also had to manually fix the openssl distfile
(missing MD5 and SH256) so that it would actually download the
missing patch and confirm it.  I have never had so much trouble with
the port system, who broke it? <-:

Any ideas?

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research