Why do I get errors from mountd (can't change attributes for ... bad exports list line ...) ?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Oct 30 23:24:05 UTC 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 4:17 PM, Yuri wrote:
> The workaround suggested in this PR eliminates the messages, but
> causes client to get "Permission denied message"
> Because the modified mount points are for different nets.

Assuming /usr/diskless, /usr/local, and /usr/home are all on the same /
usr filesystem, just set up one export using -alldirs instead.

However, you cannot export subdirectories of /usr with different
permissions (some ro, some rw) to the same subnet...you would have to
use different filesystems to do that.

Regards,
--
-Chuck