Effing HAL

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Oct 30 16:35:17 UTC 2009

--On Friday, October 30, 2009 10:11:57 -0500 Adam Vande More
<amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well that particular entry isn't necessary as noted by the next one in
> UPDATING.

I suppose I should have highlighted this portion of the entry - Server 1.5.3
also really wants to configure its input devices via hald. - which goes
directly to the issue the OP wrote about - namely that he was caught by
surprise by the fact that hald is now used for configuring devices and his old
xorg.conf file would no longer work as expected.

That really was my point.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst