APACHE/PHP/MYSQL Password Hash

Monty Pyth freebsdnewb at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 01:19:05 UTC 2009

I have inherited a website to work on that users authenticate to using a login and password from a login page. The server is FreeBSD 6.2 running APACHE/PHP/MYSQL. There is a MYSQL table that maintains all of the users. The table has a users name and password. The password is hashed and some examples are:

02SvtVJnRLzuQ
42jhVP6kxUBX6

Can anyone tell me what file I would look at to see what hash algorithm is being used to store the passwords in the table? Any help would be great.