win 7 dual boot

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:11:18 UTC 2009

I am about to go out and buy windows 7 to replace my vista partition...
when I installed vista I had to  do some  boot manager tricks (both
before and after install)... namely I had to allow windows to nuke my
mbr then use EasyBCD to remake it in such a way that vista would still
find it's "magic" bytes in the mbr... does anyone know if win 7 has any
similar issues and/or any other weirdness in reguards to dual booting?

Completely side question I use sysutils/fusefs-ntfs to mount my vista
partition do I need to change anything in my /etc/rc.d/* hierachy and/or
/etc/fstab  after installing win 7 (I use a direct call to ntfs-3g
instead of via the mount patch [which doesn't work on 8.0-XXX it seems
{I am on RC2 right now}]?