Lagg driver not working on HP Proliant

Peter Steele psteele at maxiscale.com
Tue Oct 27 03:35:00 UTC 2009

We just purchased an HP Proliant DL320 G6, a 1U server with two Broadcom NICs. When configured as standalone interfaces, the two NICs work fine. However, when configured as a failover lagg pair, we cannot assign an IP to the lagg0 interface. We are using the following entry in our rc.conf file:

ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport bge0 laggport bge1 dhcp"

This same setup works fine on our other 1U servers, the difference being that they have nVidia NICS instead of Broadcom (nfe instead of bge). Does anyone know if there is a driver patch for the Broadcom NICs that will solve this lagg issue? We are running a 7.0 system.