Freebsd 8rc1 & Puc driver

P. Moulin boris.moulin at caliopea.com
Sun Oct 25 11:29:38 UTC 2009

<spamarchive at calyopea.com> wrote:
 > > and in pciconf -lv :
 > >      vendor     = 'Oxford Semiconductor Ltd'
 > >      device     = 'PCI Interface (disabled) (OX16PCI954)'
 > >      class      = bridge
 > >

 > > Can somebody tell me why the second PCI interface is flagged
 > > "disabled" ? How can I solve this ?
 >
 > I think the strings you see are identification strings obtained
 > either from the device itself, or from a file (of FreeBSD) that
 > transforms vendor/device 0xNNNN information into character
 > strings.

ok, you'r perfectly right, this string come from
/usr/src/share/misc/pci_vendors . It's leading the 0x9510 in
my pciconf...

Is it why I can't see my "puc" card ? Is it a brain damaged card ?
Does that card's waiting for something being setup before changing
it's pci identifier to something not 'disabled' ?

T.I.A.	PM.