(no subject) Gnome

Lokadamus Lokadamus at gmx.de
Wed Oct 21 20:44:24 UTC 2009

Steven Seipel schrieb:
> I had the same problem. An arrogant person at the freebsd forum said I had a lack of resolving, but I didn't know what he was talking about. Someone said to edit /etc/rc.conf but that didn't help because it was a read only file.
> I reinstalled freebsd all over again and that time it worked. You may need to try that. However I haven't yet been able to get it running, and I have the popuplar problem of mouse and keyboard not working with xorg. It's pretty discouraging.
> So all I can suggest is installing the operating system again.
>           Steve

I know what is mean.
I had a problem last year, where i can't install something.
Later i see that our dns server was down and ping ebay.com wasn't resolved.
After dns server was back all works fine.

One other problem can be active or passive ftp. Last week i want install
mailscanner (FreeBSD 8.0 RC1), but nothing with ftp was download.
I look for a solution, but environment for ftp passive was set. So i
looked at our firewall and see that active ftp was use instead of passive.
I give all ports over 1024 free for it and it works.

Sorry for my bad english :(