netbeans 6.0.1 not run

BigDes desphilboy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 08:48:52 UTC 2009

cuongvt wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> full explanation:
> FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE (i386)
> uid=1001(mak) gid=0(wheel) groups=0(wheel),69(network)
>
> installed:
> jdk-1.6.0.3p4_1
> diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_10
> javavmwrapper-2.3.2
>
> I'm using zsh so I set JAVA_HOME and PATH of java into in my .zshrc.
> java -version:
> java 16 jdku3p1 etc etc
>
> Then I insralled netbeans from ports, firstly it warned:
> JAVA_HOME should not be defined.
>
> So i removed JAVA_HOME and PATH of java into in my .zshrc, reboot and
> reinstalled netbeans.
> Installation went fine.
>
> When I try run netbeans:
> mak at lo0:~>netbeans
> XIO: fatal IO error 0 (Unknown error: 0) on X server ":0.0"
> after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
>
> Any ideas?
> P/S:All pkgs were installed via ports*

you shall change your java interpreter package.
Install jdk1.6 from /usr/ports/java/jdk16, by going to this directory and
typing "make install".
 I tried jdk1.6.0  and replaced it instead of  diablo-1.5.0.
In order to do this you shall try to change javahome directory in
netbeans.conf
you may find this file in /usr/local/netbeans/etc  then:

#vi netbeans.conf

you may see something like this

javahome= /usr/local/diablo-1.5.0

chang that into: