CF Ethernet for FreeBSD?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Mon Nov 30 19:30:12 UTC 2009

Everyone:

I'm working on an embedded system which will be using a small Intel
Atom motherboard with a single Ethernet port. The problem is, some
configurations of the system are going to need two Ethernet ports,
and only available ports on the system are a few USB slots and a CF
(CompactFlash) socket.

FreeBSD has drivers for several types of USB-to-Ethernet
converters, but USB is a pretty inefficient way of doing Ethernet.
So, I'm interested in finding out if anyone knows of an Ethernet
interface which will plug into the CF socket and has drivers for
FreeBSD. Please let me know; any help would be MUCH appreciated!

--Brett Glass