What port to use for python / https?

Ben Bullock benkasminbullock at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 12:13:36 UTC 2009

I am trying to install Mercurial on FreeBSD in order to install Go
(programming language). I am running into a problem with Mercurial
which looks like this:

$ hg pull
abort: could not import module thread!
Exception AttributeError: "'httpsrepository' object has no attribute
'urlopener'" in <bound method httpsrepository.__del__ of
<mercurial.httprepo.httpsrepository object at 0x2857882c>> ignored

Googling turns up very little except the following:

http://www.idimmu.net/2009/11/11/Python-support-for-SSL-and-HTTPS-is-not-installed

According to this, "the answer is to install the python socket ssl
library from ports". However, this is for Apple Mac. I am trying to
find the relevant port for FreeBSD without success. Can anyone point
me in the right direction?