Apache 2.2 mod_ldap refusing to work over SSL/TLS

Brian A. Seklecki (CFI NOC) seklecki at noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us
Wed Nov 25 15:46:13 UTC 2009

> As far as I can tell, it doesn't even get to the certificate
> verification phase even though the STARTTLS command is successful.

Is there any level of debugging that can be increased on the Apache side
?  Possibly a build/compile-time option for the module?

Debugging apache code can always be tricky because of the threaded/child
process nature.

We use mod_authz_ldap and it works "okay", but OpenLDAP an can be a real
beyotch when it comes to SSL/TLS.

E.g., we feel your pain.  The only way out, is through.

~BAS