7.2, usb mouse, uhub0: device problem (IOERROR)

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 17:33:32 UTC 2009

Thanks to all who replied.  It's working now, apparently spontaneously.  It may have started as a connection problem--that's all I can think of.  The first time I plugged it in and rebooted, the error occurred.  I tried moving it to other ports, but I neglected to reboot--after all, USB is supposed to be hot-pluggable, unlike the PS/2 keyboard, right?

At some point, the error messages stopped after a reboot.  I can only speculate that there was something in the first USB connector that prevented a good contact, and that it got scraped out after a move or two.

Anyone know why the USB/mouse system can't recognize a connection after a reboot, or what administrator action might allow it?

Now I have to get the nvidia driver up.  Cross your fingers.