Help with CUPS reconfiguration

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Nov 5 20:07:41 UTC 2009

I am trying to reconfigure a bunch of machine to acomodate new domain
names. One of these machines is a fairly old FreeBSD machine (6.3). We have
done a search through all the files of these machines looking for
references to the old domain name. One of these is in /etc/printcap/
/etc/printcap has a comment in it that says it is auto generated by cops.
It refers to /usr/local/etc/cups/printers.conf as the source file.
However, this file does not have a reference to the old domain. My guess is
that this is picked up automatically from the machine name, when it is
built.

Therein lies the issue. I cant connect remotely port 631 on this machine as
the certificate is no longer valid, as the domain has changed. When I
go to the machine an try to connect to localhost:631, it gets connected,
but no combination of username password works.

How can I force cups to reconfigure?