UK Currency Symbol in 7.2 Console

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Sun May 31 23:46:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 09:10:25PM +0100, Graham Bentley wrote:

> Sorry to keep banging on about this but does anyone actually
> have uk pound signs working in 7.2? What font and keymap
> are you using?

keymap="uk.cp850"

I guess I use the corresponding syscons font file as I don't have a
declaration in rc.conf.

You should be able to use vidcontrol(1) to load new sycons fonts.

You can compile in your default syscons(4) font once you get it
working.

> And, what actually is the process for reporting
> bugs or getting help with problem like this. Any advice appreciated
> even from Mr Puchar :))

For reporting bugs: send-pr(1).

This isn't a bug though, as my UK keyboard works fine on 7.2-RC2

Your problem can probably be fixed by:

# vidcontrol -f 8x16 /usr/share/syscons/fonts/cp850-8x16.fnt
# kbdcontrol -l /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/uk.cp850.kbd

or you could use the iso keymap, I guess.

Regards,

--

 Frank