Deinstall software

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun May 31 09:24:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 11:19:10 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> For me it never succeeded, even if it dumps successfully produced output
> could be unrestorable.
>
> After getting this twice i stayed away from this great (but nonworking)
> tool. Backup tool that are not 100% sure is not a backup tool.
>
> with tar, rsync, whatever - partitioning no longer matters as they work on
> file/directory abstraction level.

I've recently discovered cpdup on another UFS formatted HDD for
this job. Until now, works good.

I just prefer dump + restore for "cloning" systems because it
explicitely takes care of file attributes and anything; I do use
it usually from hard disk to hard disk, not via storage media
(backup set).

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany