On the need for moderated questions lists

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri May 29 07:49:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 09:36:07 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>>> It's just my opinion, time will show if i am right if they will not
>>> do this, and this list turn to <1% on topic.
>>
>> The only problem with that sort of reasoning is that the FreeBSD mailing
>> list charters *have* been decided.
>
> but the decision MAY be changed. Of course - it may not, but there is
> nothing that prevent me from having an opinion about moderation and
> trying to explain to others that it make sense.

While a change like this is possible, it is going to be very very hard.

To change something so deeply ingrained into the whole `culture' of
being an open OS that welcomes everyone takes the sort of numbers I was
talking in the rest of my post.  Change for sake of change is often
silly.  Change because there is a measurable advantage is, on the other
hand, quite more often a good thing :)