Failure to get past a PCI bridge

Josef Moellers josef.moellers at ts.fujitsu.com
Fri May 29 06:51:42 UTC 2009

Polytropon wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 2009 16:24:00 +0200, Josef Moellers <josef.moellers at ts.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> The install kernel then boots properly and reaches the "Country Selection".
>> At that point, no keyboard input is accepted. An optical mouse is off,
>> so I assume the keyboard to be off, too.
>>

> Not neccessarily. Check the blinkenlights with caps lock,
> num lock and scroll lock (if present).

BTDTNT.
> If optical mouse doesn't have any light, it's nearly obvious
> that it doesn't get power from the USB port. This doesn't
> need to imply that the keyboard is off, too.
Yes, but none of the *Lock key work either.

When trying to install without ACPI, I managed to get past the bridge,
but then I got a Fatal trap:

---------------
igb0: Reserved 0x20000 bytes for rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xce260000
igb0: Reserved 0x4000 bytes for rid 0x1c type 3 at 0xce200000
igb0: attempting to allocate 3 MSI-X vectors (10 supported)

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x18
fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xffffffff803e127d
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xffffffff810d8830
frame pointer           = 0x10:0x3
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

I'll talk to the BIOS guy again, but if someone has some other ideas,
I'd be grateful.

Josef

--
These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)