Canon printer and TurboPrint

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu May 28 19:58:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 21:29:40 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> but i said "thank you" for such nomination. i feel proud :)
> I'm waiting for "certified professional FreeBSD Troll (TM)" printed and
> laminated certificate! should i give a snail-mail address?

Write a letter to Redmond, they usually pay good if you
are willing to propagate their opinion. :-)

> FreeBSD folks actually did A LOT OF WORK that they wasn't
> even supposed to do, and did it for free!
>
> Instead of hearing "Thank you, you made it at least
> partially working!" they here "FreeBSD FLASH support is a CRAP".
>
> Not polite and really they deserve better reward.

I didn't say that FreeBSD's "Flash" support is crap, but in my
opinion, "Flash" itself is crap as long as (a) it is mostly
used to pollute the web and annoy its users, (b) used in a
manner that often leaves no way to get around it and (c) it
isn't a standard.

Of course those who invest their time to make something work
on FreeBSD that the original inventor had not designed to run
on FreeBSD deserve a big "Thank you, good work."

> It was his problem, and just don't care about him. But i really hate that
> such lazy people that prefer buying new computers instead of thinking -
> tries to TEACH others that it's the right way to go.

Because "the right way" always depends on what someone is going
to do with a computer, his way may be the right way for him, but
the wrong way for e. g. me.

> Being lazy is bad. Not thinking is bad. I am sometimes lazy and not always
> think as good as i would like, but i don't tell people it is OK!
> It is not!

Thinking and ivesting time for learning is - for some people - the
only way to get through life. They entirely depend on others who
(re)install their PCs, attach their printers and get things done.
In the result, those people say: "Wow, I'm so clever, that was
really easy! I'm a Program Manager!" (I really met a person who
called from himself as being a "Program Manager".)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0