www.freebsd.org problems (was: Sponsoring FreeBSD)

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Thu May 28 19:32:01 UTC 2009

Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:

> > > current webpage is excellent - no need to :) Most important - it works in
> > > every browser.
> >
> > Actually it's known to render poorly in a lot of browser configurations:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=www/91539
>
> My only problem has been that the FreeBSD site won't load if I'm using an
> SSH proxy (even though both the local machine and the proxy machine are
> FreeBSD systems, ironically).

Interesting. I'm reaching the website through SSH without problems:

Firefox -> Privoxy -> ssh -> sshd -> www.freebsd.org

In related news, I've been using a Privoxy filter to fix the
worst rendering issues for several years now, and I'm considering
adding it to the port as well.

After all it doesn't look like www/91539 is going to get fixed any
time soon. As the archives will show, the problems were already known
before the redesign went live, but nobody cared back then either.

Fabian