Remotely edit user disk quota

Vincent Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Thu May 28 15:00:37 UTC 2009

On 28/5/09 15:04, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Thursday 28 May 2009 08:53:23 am Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>

>> depends, between pentium I and core2 quad.
>>
>> what's a difference?
>>

> Well, I can transfer 25MB/s between hosts on the LAN without my CPU ever
> breaking 10% CPU usage.  I'm of the opinion that most people don't need to
> optimize for CPU in such cases when the security payoffs are so great.

There is also the option of the HPN patches
(http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/ included as options in
the openssh-portable port) which allows a none cypher so you have the
security of the encrypted key authentication but no encryption overhead
for transferring files. However the OP doesnt seem to want to transfer
files over it so the encryption overhead will be pretty minimal anyway.