Sponsoring FreeBSD

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Wed May 27 20:06:56 UTC 2009

>> exactly does. i just don't catch why he - while stopping using it
>> because of forum - still read and posts here.
>>

> None of your concern: this is just what everybody is writing about.
> Whether someone is using FreeBSD or not, and reading here or not, is
> irrelevant to most (and probably to all) discussions going on here, and
> it is my understanding (and my opinion, which is different than yours on
> this matter I suspect) that your commenting on this is mostly unappreciated.

Yes it's different. Again forum is important but it's completely secondary
thing to what product (FreeBSD that case) offers.

I too consider forum not very good, and i opted to create fully-moderated
version that will strictly be moderated to keep topics only related
to:

- FreeBSD base system
- ports as subsystem but not ported programs, as these programs have their
own forums.

This will solve all problems from both point of views.

For example it would eliminate advertise/sponsoring offer and my response
to this. and millions other problems.

Of course unmoderated mailing list should be left as is.

I swear i will not use it that case, cause it will not make any use of it
for me.

And ALL will be happy.

Back to FreeBSD, i use it because it's (for me) best unix system available
in the world, closest to what unix should be.
And i do need unix system.

Forum quality is secondary thing.