Another uptime story

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed May 27 03:23:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 23:14:10 -0400, Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech.ca> wrote:
> ...unfortunately, due to re-racking and upgrade requirements, I have to
> pull the plug. There is nothing hidden or obfuscated in my output, and I
> am not ashamed of that.

Maybe there's a way of patching the uptime utility that it adds
the previous uptime of the system (since last shutdown) to the
actual uptime. I know this denies everything uptime stands for,
let's call it accumulated uptime. :-)

> Just a little bit of sadness of having to 'down' it, given this uptime
> in my relatively hostile environment. *sigh*

What makes it hostile?

> Someone have a beer for me as I watch my personal uptime record go bye-bye:
>
> radius# uptime
> 11:01PM  up 553 days, 13:38, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Can't you wait two days more? Just 48 hours? Then you would
finish with an uptime of 555 days. Just think about how it
would be to finish with an uptime of 666 days, of course at
6:66 o'clock. =^_^=

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany