Errors Installing ca_root_nss Port

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:28:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net>wrote:

> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> > I'm using FBSD 6x.  It's been a while since I upgraded ports.  One of
> > the ports to upgrade is curl from 7.18.0 to 7.19.4.  It wants to pull
> > in security/ca_root_nss.  This port gets a bunch of errors when
> > attempting to install.  Here is an example:
> >
> > Error configuring OpenSSL
> > 40358:error:260AB089:engine routines:ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string:invalid
> > cmd
> >
> name:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/engine/eng_ctrl.c:318:
> >
> > 40358:error:0E07406D:configuration file
> > routines:CONF_modules_load:module initialization
> >
> error:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_mod.c:234:module=engines,
> > value=openssl_engines, retcode=-1
> >
> > I had been using openssl from the base system but tried installing
> > from ports (0.9.8k) to see if it helped.  It did not.  Should I leave
> > or remove openssl from ports?  If I leave it, is there anything I need
> > to do so it does not conflict with the base system?
> >
> > And regarding ca_root_nss, what must I do to get that installed?
> I'm still having this problem and can't find a solution anywhere.  And
> now I need to install php5-curl which also needs ca_root_nss.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

Ports are guaranteed to work only on the current releases of FreeBSD.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/ports for the paragraph I take that from.

Your options are to try to use packages (unsupported), updating to a
supported FreeBSD system and then updating all your ports.

There is an advantage to keeping up-to-date.

Sorry I didn't have good news.  Update and try again.