netbooks vs FreeBSD

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun May 24 13:52:33 UTC 2009

El día Sunday, May 24, 2009 a las 03:43:53PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan escribió:

> Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko escribió:
> >I did not run FreeBSD on it, so I apologize for slight OT, but my wife's
> >Samsung NC10 (2.8 lbs, 10.2" screen, 160GB 5400RPM HDD) is pushing 6
> >hours of the battery life with the wireless on and memory upgraded to
> >2GB. This is under Windows XP HOME ULCPC though.
> >
> >Wireless card (as reported by Windows) is Atheros AR5007EG, so you might
> >need to ask around whether it is supported by ath driver.
> >
> Thanks, that Samsung model seems pretty nice, as well, but it's
> significantly more expensive in Hungary than the Aspire ONE, while the
> specs are mainly the same. So I think I'll go for the Acer netbook if
> someone doesn't convince me quickly not to do so...

I have a real netbook, an EeePC 900 with 20 GByte SSD, Wifi, 1024x600 9"
display and an attached USB Huawei E220 dongel for UMTS. I have
installed 8-CURRENT and all works as it should, only the inbuild cam is
not supported, but I don't neet this at the moment (maybe later when Skype
for FreeBSD can do video as well).

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211