Win4BSD 1.1 on 7.1

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Sun May 24 03:49:32 UTC 2009

Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:53:09 +0200 (CEST), Ronny Mandal <ronnyma at volatile-norway.com> wrote:
>> I'm experiencing problems when attempting to install Win4BSD 1.1. I've
>> downloaded the most recent .tbz of W4B, it installs but fails while
>> building kqemu.
>
> You downloaded sources manually? Why not use the ports system, or
> even install from a precompiled package? This would install any
> needed dependencies (kqemu) as well. The ports collection contains
> version 1.1.
>
>>From the port:
>
> 	# cd /usr/ports/emulators/win4bsd
> 	# make install clean
>
>>From the package:
>
> 	pkg_add -r win4bsd
>
> It will install run dependencies as well.
>

>> Here is the error-msg:
>>
>> kqemu-freebsd.c: In function 'kqemu_schedule':
>> kqemu-freebsd.c:211: error: 'sched_lock' undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> kqemu-freebsd.c:211: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> once
>
> I'm not sure, but are you trying to compile Linux sources on
> a FreeBSD system?
>

>> All sources are installed. Suggestions are very welcome and will be
>> appreciated!
>
> Try the port, if you want to compile it yourself, or try pkg_add.
> I have to admit that I haven't tried it, so it's a "dry advice". :-)

The port build of win4bsd will not build on 7.2 because you have first
to rebuild the freebsd kernel with option SCHED_4BSD. win4bsd-1.1_3
requires the traditional 4bsd scheduler. Good possibility this is also
true for 7.0, 7.1 and 8.0

Gave up on testing win4bsd because of performance impact on server from
using traditional 4bsd scheduler. OMHO this port needs to be updated to
function using the new scheduler.