Win4BSD 1.1 on 7.1

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat May 23 12:59:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:53:09 +0200 (CEST), Ronny Mandal <ronnyma at volatile-norway.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing problems when attempting to install Win4BSD 1.1. I've
> downloaded the most recent .tbz of W4B, it installs but fails while
> building kqemu.

You downloaded sources manually? Why not use the ports system, or
even install from a precompiled package? This would install any
needed dependencies (kqemu) as well. The ports collection contains
version 1.1.

>From the port:

	# cd /usr/ports/emulators/win4bsd
	# make install clean

>From the package:

	pkg_add -r win4bsd

It will install run dependencies as well.

> Here is the error-msg:
>
> kqemu-freebsd.c: In function 'kqemu_schedule':
> kqemu-freebsd.c:211: error: 'sched_lock' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> kqemu-freebsd.c:211: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once

I'm not sure, but are you trying to compile Linux sources on
a FreeBSD system?

> All sources are installed. Suggestions are very welcome and will be
> appreciated!

Try the port, if you want to compile it yourself, or try pkg_add.
I have to admit that I haven't tried it, so it's a "dry advice". :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0