FreeBSD as USB joystick

Sebastiaan van Erk sebster at sebster.com
Fri May 22 14:59:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can turn my FreeBSD into a (very expensive ;-)) joystick.

That is, I have a PS2 and want to be able to control it via my laptop.
This would amount to connecting a USB cable between my PS2 and my
laptop, and getting the PS2 to detect it as a joystick with the right
identifier string, and being able to send button presses etc via my
laptop to the PS2.

Does anybody have any starting points as to how I can achieve this?

Regards,
Sebastiaan

P.S.: For those of you who must know, I want to interface my electronic
drum module (Roland TD-9KS) with the Rockband game. The idea is to use a
cheap midi card and convert the incoming notes into joystick button
presses.... :)