pkgdb -F problem

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:01:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Frederique Rijsdijk <
frederique at isafeelin.org> wrote:

> Leslie Jensen wrote:
>

>> I've just updated my 7.1-RELEASE to 7.2-RELEASE using freebsd-update.
>>
>> Everything went ok but I've got a problem when I do
>>
>> pkgdb -F
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.4: unsupported file layout
>>

>> I might have goofed before I updated when moving files around to make
>> space, so I need some advice on how to get rid of the error.
>>

>> I cannot find out what port I need to reinstall in order to get libcrypt
>> healty again :-)
>>

> Probably everything related to portupgrade/portinstall/ruby etc.
>

> -- Frederique

My 7.1R-p4 system doesn't have a /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.4

it has a /lib/libcrypt.so.4 though

so if you're "moving stuff around" -- and it's in the wrong directory, maybe
that's why?

In either case, libcrypt.so.4 is part of world, so you'd have to rebuild
that piece if relocating the file itself doesn't fix it.

And if you move libraries around, you need to update the linker helper
file.  ldconfig(8)

Good luck.