xview problem

Rudolf Koenig info-r at koeniglich.de
Wed May 20 23:43:08 UTC 2009

> and I get the same error for any other application using xview.

IMHO it is a libX11 bug. The current libX11 version is compiled with
USE_XCB, and the XCB implementation of XAllocID(dpy) (in the famous
xcb_io.c) requires you to call the (private) _XIDHandler(dpy) function
before calling it again. But our beloved XView library calls XAllocID 4
times in a row. Adding an _XIDHandler after each XAllocID in
xview/server/server.c solved the problem for me. My question is where to
post this bug, as it should be fixed in libX11 and not in libxview.

Regards,
  Rudi