phonon/kdebase4-runtime make/installation problem

Antonio Rieser tonyrieser at gmail.com
Wed May 20 00:58:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was having trouble with amarok2 on kde 4 (no sound), and decided to
try to reinstall phonon on the advice of several bulletin boards, but
when I tried, by system told me that phonon conflicted with
kdebase4-runtime.  I deinstalled kdebase4-runtime, reinstalled phonon,
and now I want to reinstall kdebase4-runtime, but it (today's cvsup)
won't make install because it requires phonon 4.3.0.  The version I
installed was phonon 4.3.1_1 (the phonon port on today's cvsup).

I am running FreeBSD 7.1 with KDE 4.1 .

How do I get out of this dependency/conflict loop?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yours truly,

  Antonio Rieser