umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT

Peter Steele psteele at maxiscale.com
Mon May 18 17:51:26 UTC 2009

>Any ideas?

I can't offer any solutions but I can tell you that we've seen this exactly problem, and many times. I have a script that copies a tar image into a USB thumb drive and that operation fails frequently. To better guarantee success, I have to boot the system first, and then the copy command works reliably. If I don't do a reboot, I see this same kind of failure, usually as much as 50% of the time. My impression is that USB drive support is simply not that solid.