Opera: X Shared memory extension is not available. ZPixmap not supported

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Thu May 14 08:15:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009 09:03:25 +0000 (GMT)
Saifi Khan <saifi.khan at twincling.org> wrote:

> Running Opera 9.64 on X.org 7.4 leads to freeze ups in Opera.
>
> The error reported is
> Opera: X Shared memory extension is not available. ZPixmap not
> supported
>
> My system is  Intel CeleronM 1.6GHz, Intel 945GM mobo.

I get this message too, it is just a note stating a feature of X is
missing to support ZPixmap properly so Opera will not use it.

I have not seen any big problems with Opera for years, so maybe you
have got some faulty hardware or other configuration issues.

Also please try to correct your time / time zone settings, all your
mails are arriving from the future.

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565