How to move vi to /bin

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Wed May 13 20:11:56 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 11:34:43 Michael Powell wrote:

> Kind of like how those coming over from a
> Linux environment all seem to want to change root's shell to bash, it
> serves no purpose except foot-shooting.

- csh cannot redirect stderr seperately from stdout
- on pipes the exit status from the first command is the exit status of the
total command
- will not expand matches without a user provided part, for *every* component
of a path

There's plenty of reasons not to use csh and if you know what you're doing,
BSD lets you. And no, I don't want to type exec zsh when I'm finally logged
into the box that has a load of 100+.
--
Mel