Disabling ssh timeouts?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed May 13 16:08:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:43:40PM -0700, Josh Carroll wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Steve Kargl
> <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> > Is there anyway to disable sshd from timing out a connection?
> > I've tried setting  ClientAliveCountMax and ClientAliveInterval
> > and TCPKeepAlive in sshd.conf, but no combination that I've
> > tried has worked.
>
> My suggestion would be to install and use the screen port:
>
> /usr/ports/sysutils/screen

. . . or my personal favorite terminal multiplexer, tmux:

  /usr/ports/misc/tmux

From the pkg-descr file:

        Tmux is a terminal multiplexer, it enables a number of terminals to be accessed
        and controlled from a single terminal. tmux is intended to be a simple, modern,
        BSD-licensed alternative to programs such as GNU screen.

> You can then start the test suite run, detach from the screen session,
> then ssh in and re-attach to the screen session later to check up on
> it.

Quoth Larry Wall: "Just don't create a file called -rf."