FreeBSD 7.0 Boot Failure

MJ Hewitt MJ.Hewitt at pcrcorp.net
Wed May 13 13:58:42 UTC 2009

Hello,

When I boot a Dell Optiplex 320 running FreeBSD 7.0 the boot sequence
hangs at USB3: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support if a keyboard is plugged
in. It will boot successfully if the keyboard is not plugged in until
after the boot sequence is completed.

Normally this would not be that big of deal for most people, but I have
120 of these Dell machines running FreeBSD 7.0 and unplugging keyboards
before the boot sequence starts is rather problematic.

Thank you,

Matt Hewitt

President

Pacific Crest Research

801-866-1116 x111

801-866-0280 Fax

Always ask for exactly what you want, you just might get it!