Disabling ssh timeouts?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Wed May 13 05:03:34 UTC 2009

Is there anyway to disable sshd from timing out a connection?
I've tried setting  ClientAliveCountMax and ClientAliveInterval
and TCPKeepAlive in sshd.conf, but no combination that I've
tried has worked.

I'm trying to running the GCC testsuite, which is not an
interactive job.  Once it starts, it writes to stdout when
an error occurs or the testsuite moves to a new major
test category.  The last few lines of output are

Running target unix
Using /usr/X11R6/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for target.
Using /usr/X11R6/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.
Using /usr/home/sgk/gcc/gcc4x/gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running /usr/home/sgk/gcc/gcc4x/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/debug/debug.exp ...
Running /usr/home/sgk/gcc/gcc4x/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/dg.exp ...

Read from remote host troutmask.apl.washington.edu: Connection reset by peer
Connection to troutmask.apl.washington.edu closed.

The only way I'v efound to complete a run of the GCC testsuite
is to sit at the terminal and hit enter every so often.  Also
note, nohup and backgrounding the job does not inhibit sshd
dropping the connection and losing all testsuite results.

--
Steve