Booting question

Michel Di Croci michel.dicroci at gmail.com
Mon May 11 01:41:59 UTC 2009

Hello!

When I boot, it takes about 5 mins before being up and running. Since it's
my first FreeBSD, I didn't thought there was an issue, but I think there's
one ;)

I have a P4 2.8 HT which is too bad computer and I really think the issue is
in freeBSD and the Giant Locked and stuff like that. The computer stays in a
waiting "mode" for about 3 minutes or something like that. It's unbearable,
however, since I reboot like once in a month, it's not that bad ;) But I'm
still wondering why it's so slow.

I have compiled my own kernel, removed driver I don't use but I kept all usb
drivers. Like I told you, it's really the USB part that seems to be long to
load. It's like it's waiting for a stabilization mode that is never coming.

Anyone had that kind of issue? I'm running 7.2 and it's been there since the
installation with 7.1.

Thanks and have a nice day

Michel