7.2-release and xorg

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Sun May 10 19:56:05 UTC 2009

firak jotawski wrote:
> hi sirs,
>
> apologized me for disturbing the list but i really have problem, X -config /root/xorg.conf.new produce a black screen and die.
>
> i attached my machine uname -a, my xorg packages installed, X -configure output and its' configuration file.
>
> any helps anf hints would highly appreciated.
>
> with best regards,
> psr

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

eg

# Xorg -config xorg.conf.new

Starting with Xorg 7.4 and above, this test produces a black screen
which may make it difficult to diagnose whether X11 is working properly.
The older behavior is still available by using the retro option:

# Xorg -config xorg.conf.new -retro

Chris