Upgrading to New Kernel - Hung on Boot

APseudoUtopia apseudoutopia at gmail.com
Sun May 10 04:08:43 UTC 2009

Hey,

I have a FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system. I'm trying to upgrade to 7.2,
specifically the RELENG_7_2 tag.

I synced my sources via csup, built world, built kernel, and installed
kernel. All went well. I rebooted into single user mode, and the
kernel hung. The loader menu came up, but when the kernel starts

I recovered it by dropping to a loader prompt and loading kernel.old.
It booted up fine.

I have attached the kernel config I used to buildkernel. I'm guessing
it has something to do with this.

In case it's relevant, the system is a dual-core Intel Xeon, with
HyperThreading disabled.

Thanks.