Autofs howto

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Sat May 9 19:11:10 UTC 2009

--On May 7, 2009 10:16:01 PM -0500 Jason Garrett <kingedgar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While cryptic, It has worked well for me with multiple FreeBSD and Linux
> hosts on my network.

And I'm sure it will for me as well, if I can ever figure it out.  Here's
how our linux hosts are automounting drives:

cat /etc/auto.master
/home   ldap //foobar.utdallas.edu/nismapname=auto_home,dc=utdallas,dc=edu
nfsvers=3 proto=tcp
/proj   ldap //foobar.utdallas.edu/nismapname=auto_proj,dc=utdallas,dc=edu
nfsvers=3 proto=tcp
/net    -hosts

How do I translate that into FBSD amd speak?

I have to tell you, the amd docs are not for the faint of heart.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.