Teaming NIC

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Fri May 8 12:21:09 UTC 2009

Daniels Vanags wrote:
> FreeBSD 6.3 has new device called lagg(4).
>
>  Lagg is a link aggregation and link failover interface.
>
>  With lagg we can easily bond two NIC interfaces together.
>
>  But how we can do NIC teaming in FreeBSD 6.2? Please help.

Take a look at ng_fec, it implements Cisco's EtherChannel.

ng_one2many can also be used to bond two or more interfaces,
but keep in mind that it is not based on any standard and
it will handle of course only outgoing traffic since incoming
traffic must be handled from the remote side, the ethernet
switch.

There are plenty of choices to implement such a thing, beyond
those two approaches... If you want some ideas, please state
your needs.

Nikos