carefull confirm on using linux_base-fc8

vuthecuong vuthecuong at luvina.net
Wed May 6 03:12:51 UTC 2009

vuthecuong wrote:

If you intend on using f8, you'll want entries like this in /etc/make.conf

USE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
USE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f8
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f8

That and other useful information can always be found in /usr/ports/UPDATING
/quote>
Wow, thanks for very fast reply. I understood that I was still missing some
variables in my make.conf
as you stated above.

Btw I just reconfirmed for sure only:
This means, if I installed linux_base-fc8 correctly, when I install
net/skype, this port 'must'
retrieve rpm files etc from fc8 directory over the net, right?
cool thanks