Apache errors.

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Tue May 5 18:04:21 UTC 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 15:57:02 Martin Smith wrote:
> Armin Pirkovitsch wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Have you tried to recompile the port from which that library came?
> > (pkg_info -W /usr/local/lib/libavahi-common.so.3 should help you finding
> > the correct port if you do not know which port that is)
> >
> > Armin
> >
> > On Sun 03 May 2009, Jeff Molofee wrote:
> >> Just started getting this.. can anyone tell me how to fix it?
> >>
> >> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
> >> httpd: Syntax error on line 104 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
> >> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dnssd.so into server:
> >> /usr/local/lib/libavahi-common.so.3: Undefined symbol
> >> "libintl_bindtextdomain"
>
> Now I have the same problem so I went to recompile avahi-app, did rmconfig
> and then make config, it said no user config options, or something very
> similar.
> So where to now?

Rebuild gettext, then avahi. The bindtextdomain is from gettext. If that don't
help, disable mod_dnssd and ping avahi/apache maintainers. Most users don't
need this module. It is used to advertise your http server to the local
network, just in case you have it on another port.

gnome-user-share and as such x11/gnome2 finds it necessary to install this
stuff. Only way to get rid of it, seems to be to install gnome2-lite and then
pick what extras you do want.
--
Mel