Part II: Running SMP kernel but only one cpu

Duane duane at cheekymonkey.us
Tue May 5 06:39:17 UTC 2009

On 5/5/09, Tim Judd <tajudd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you try enabling the IDE channels and see if the IRQ storms stop?

There is joy in Mudville. <g>

I couldn't really change the IDE settings that much since there are no
IDE drives in this thing. The channels are all on 'auto' and  that
yields a "NONE" for each of them (iirc, it's a kinda late). But I did
turn on some stuff that was off in the BIOS: serial port A, the sound
card, and the parallell port.  I know it's not good engineering
practice to change a bunch of stuff at once, but there it is. Whatever
I did along the lines of turning stuff *on* seems to have done the
trick!

Thanks all!

--
Duane