freebsd 7.1 ipv6 multihoming

zgabe zgabe84 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:53:05 PDT 2009

I built a kernel with the following options:
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

and put these lines to my rc.conf
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"

as the handbook says.

I use the following command as root:
ipfw add 101 fwd pppgateway ipv6 from pppaddress to any

It throws "getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument" error!

I have tried to set the following variables but the problem is still the
same.
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 and
sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1

Thoughts?