Software installasion (Was: Re: Wine without X)

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Sun Mar 29 10:21:38 PDT 2009

--On March 29, 2009 11:03:03 AM -0500 Barnaby Scott <bds at waywood.co.uk>
wrote:

> Many thanks to all who have helped on this one.
>
> I managed to get wine installed without X and it works :) However my
> application doesn't :(
>
> Most of the errors are concerned with MS Visual C++ libraries, which I
> have unconfirmed indications might be solved with 'winetricks'
> http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks. However, I think using winetricks
> means I need X anyway. So, I will leave it for now and try again after a
> bit more research.

Sounds like missing dlls.  You *may* be able to just copy the missing dlls
into the wine lib directory and get the application to work.  I would
examine the error messages closely to see what dlls it trying to find and
can't.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.